Administrative Assistant II/ Counselor I - CHOICES
The ideal candidate will provide professional and administrative support to the Day Treatment Intensive Program. The detail-oriented individual will be performing a variety of administrative and clerical duties.
WHO WE ARE
Looking to make a difference? Our mission at Interim is to provide services and affordable housing to supporting members of our community with mental illness by building productive and satisfying lives in a world in which people with mental illness are able to live, work, learn and participate fully in the community. Join our team and instill hope in the community.
WHAT WE OFFER
An exceptional benefit package including; Medical/Dental/Vision/403(b) retirement plan and Life Insurance. Offers competitive vacation and sick time.
HOW TO APPLY
To learn more about Interim and to apply for this position, please go to our website at http://www.interiminc.org/employment/.
Competitive Compensation; Nonexempt; 40 hours/week; Eligible for overtime.
Required: High School Diploma/GED; Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; Detail-oriented, well-organized, good interpersonal skills and ability to work with a team.
Preferred: AA degree; Bilingual in Spanish; two years’ experience working in an administrative setting.
Valid California driver's license; auto in safe operating condition; auto liability insurance; good driving record; criminal record clearance; proof of authorization to work in the United States as required by Immigration and Reform Act of 1986. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Administrative Assistant II/ Counselor I will assist with the following duties:
1. Manages referrals, schedules client intakes for DTI Program.
2. Maintains constant open communication with Interim and Monterey County Behavioral Health regarding referrals.
3. Maintain constant communication with MST staff to set up RIDES for incoming clients.
4. Greets clients, answers incoming calls for DTI, directs or takes messages.
4. Develops forms, flyers and marketing materials, updates and maintains current forms.
5. Assist program staff by doing data entry and maintaining all charts and client records in compliance with Medi-Cal documentation requirements; maintains Avatar client database.
6. Maintains general office files and client files.
7. Check error reports and other billing reports in Avatar.
8. Collects and enters program data into client database.
9. Prepares and compiles reports/statistics related to the DTI Program.
10. Maintains adequate supply of postage and other office supplies. Prepares mailings and program information material.
11. Types and dispatches general correspondence. Dispatches and distributes fax messages. Makes copies.
12. Takes notes during staff meetings and maintains records.
13. Maintains office equipment and assist with cleanliness of office (i.e. shopping and special order of cleaning supplies, placing maintenance requests, working with and supervising consumer maintenance aid)
14. Conducts annual destruction of files that are older than 10 years.
15. Documents client services following Medi-Cal regulations as needed.
16. Provides client-centered counseling, promoting recovery and wellness principles.
17. Provides one to one client contact & supervision, as needed, as well as accompany to appointments & meetings, as needed.
18. Provide transportation to clients to and from program and other appointments as needed.
19. Other duties as assigned.
Ability to: operate a motor vehicle; climb stairs; possess good communication skills; meet the requirements of the classification and have mobility, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties to be performed. Capable of the following extended activities: standing, sitting, climbing stairs.
Capable of the following intermittent activities: lifting 25 pounds or more and bending in the performance of infrequently performed office duties.