Behavioral Health Clinician I (NEW! SIGN-ON BONUS*)
The ideal candidate will assist with providing group and adjunct psychotherapy services; Counsel clients individually to set, track and achieve rehabilitation and recovery goals and establish and maintain linkage with other social services, health and mental health facilities to assist our clients with any needs. In addition, maintain accurate and secure summary information based on documentation in computer files and databases and follow the HIPAA Privacy Rules guidelines.
WHO WE ARE
Looking to make a difference? Our mission at Interim is to provide services and affordable housing to supporting members of our community with mental illness by building productive and satisfying lives in a world in which people with mental illness are able to live, work, learn and participate fully in the community. Join our team and instill hope in the community.
WHAT WE OFFER
An exceptional benefit package including; Medical/Dental/Vision/403(b) retirement plan and Life Insurance. Offers competitive Vacation and Sick time.
HOW TO APPLY
To learn more about Interim and to apply for this position, please go to our website at http://www.interiminc.org/employment/.
Competitive Compensation; Eligible for overtime; Non-Exempt; Full Time; 40 hours/week
Master's degree in mental health related field, plus clinical license (Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Professional Clinical Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapist, Psychologist or Registered Nurse); or Master's degree in mental health related field, plus registered with Board of Behavioral Sciences as registered intern (ACSW, AMFT, APCC) and a minimum of two years of experience in a mental health field. Knowledge of psychiatric disorders and psychotropic medications. Desirable: Knowledge of substance abuse disorders including drug and alcohol recovery principles; experience in Motivational Interviewing, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy; Bilingual/Spanish. Word processing and data entry/retrieval skills preferred; ability/willingness to learn computer skills required; ability to work as a member of a team, to accept supervision, to maintain appropriate boundaries while working in close inter-personal relationships. Ability to learn and apply principles of social rehabilitation. Ability to be organized, responsible, flexible, empathic and able to relate effectively with clients, other staff, professionals and members of the community. Knowledge of community resources desirable.
Valid California driver's license; auto in safe operating condition; auto liability insurance; good driving record; criminal record clearance; proof of authorization to work in the United States as required by Immigration and Reform Act of 1986. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Behavioral Health Clinician I will assist with the following duties:
1. Provide group and adjunct psychotherapy services including but not limited to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy.
2. Conduct and utilize client needs assessments for development and tracking of client centered treatment planning.
3. Facilitate a variety of psychotherapeutic groups that give clients the opportunity to gain skills and learning in areas of basic living, substance use recovery, and interpersonal relationships/communication through a variety of evidence base practices.
4. Counsel clients individually to set, track and achieve rehabilitation and recovery goals.
5. Provide individual client centered therapy, as needed, including use of Motivational Interviewing. Listen, respond empathically and engage in problem solving. Identify symptoms and assist clients in self-management skills for mental illness and substance abuse.
6. Establish and maintain linkage with other social service, health and mental health agencies, including county psychiatrist and case coordinator.
7. Maintain legible, accurate and timely documentation of treatment plans and other necessary information on clients, including documentation required for Medi-Cal standards.
8. Maintain accurate and secure summary information based on documentation in computer files and databases and follow the HIPAA Privacy Rules guidelines for protecting client’s medical records.
9. Identify, assess and respond to crisis situations. Set clear limits and ensure that both clients and facility are safe.
10. Meet and record productivity standards of the program.
11. Ability to travel and work at various program locations. (Marina, Monterey, Salinas)
12. Other duties as assigned.
Ability to: operate a motor vehicle; climb stairs; possess good communication skills; meet the requirements of the classification and have mobility, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties to be performed. Capable of the following extended activities: standing, sitting, stooping, climbing stairs.
Capable of the following intermittent activities: lift up to 25 pounds or more and bending in the performance of infrequently performed office duties.
This job description is intended to have an accurate reflection of the qualifications and job duties, current management reserves the right to revise the job at any given time when circumstances change. This job description replaces all previous description for this position.
* Note: Sign on Bonus is ONLY for New Hires in eligible positions.
Interim, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Interim Inc. is guided by the precept that in no aspect of its programs, services or employment practices shall discrimination be permitted because of race, color, national origin, gender, age, creed, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, citizen status, veteran status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law. To comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, reasonable accommodations are made for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability, unless hardship, direct threat to health or safety, or other job-related consideration exists. Individual who feel that they have been unlawfully discriminated against because of membership in one of the protected classes should contact the following: Director of Human Resources, Interim, Inc., PO Box 3222, Monterey, CA 93942. (831) 649-4522.