Accounting Technician II *SIGN-ON BONUS*
The ideal candidate will perform complex work involved in the processing of payroll; audit and verify incoming payroll data and postings, compile and administer salary adjustments, and reconcile payroll related general ledger accounts to make sure that all entries are recorded accurately and according to GAAP. The ideal candidate will also assist the accounting team with the development and maintenance of financial reporting systems to ensure integrity of finances and maintain a regular backup of accounting data and worksheets. Answer any questions regarding the organizations policies and procedures.
WHO WE ARE
Looking to make a difference? Our mission at Interim is to provide services and affordable housing to supporting members of our community with mental illness by building productive and satisfying lives in a world in which people with mental illness are able to live, work, learn and participate fully in the community. Join our team and instill hope in the community.
WHAT WE OFFER
An exceptional benefit package including; Medical/Dental/Vision/403(b) retirement plan and Life Insurance. Offers competitive vacation and sick time.
HOW TO APPLY
To learn more about Interim and to apply for this position, please go to our website at http://www.interiminc.org/employment/.
$24.44 - $31.83/hour based on experience and education; Nonexempt; 40 hours/week; Eligible for Overtime. *Eligible for sign-on bonus.
3 years’ experience in GL analysis, account reconciliation, and payroll processing with knowledge of State and Federal Labor Laws. Working knowledge of Excel is required and familiarity with other office programs is preferred. BA in Accounting or Finance preferred.
Valid California driver's license; auto in safe operating condition; auto liability insurance; good driving record; criminal record clearance; proof of authorization to work in the United States as required by Immigration and Reform Act of 1986. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Technician II will assist with the following duties:
- Process and complete payroll
- Analyze integrated payroll system calculations for accuracy.
- Research and apply corrective actions as needed, including salary adjustments for retroactive pay & step increases.
- Review hours worked by staff to ensure correct use of budget codes.
- Review and reconcile intercompany payroll allocations
- Perform internal audit tests to ensure accuracy of data & assist in Annual Audit.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of financial reporting systems to ensure integrity of finances based on sound accounting procedures and controls.
- Review payroll related general ledger accounts monthly to make sure that all entries are recorded accurately and according to GAAP.
- Assist in payroll related records for invoices for contracts, subsidies and other grants.
- Monitor grants and contract receivables and works with funding sources to ensure that accurate payroll is posted.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to: see well enough to read data on a computer screen and text in written documents; perform extensive computer keyboard operations; operate a motor vehicle; climb stairs; possess good communication skills; meet the requirements of the classification and have mobility, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties to be performed. Capable of the following extended activities: standing, sitting, climbing stairs. Capable of the following intermittent activities: lifting 25 pounds or more and bending in the performance of infrequently performed office duties.