Counselor IB (Manzanita - Monterey)
The ideal candidate will have the ability to provide counseling or support services to Interim clients; work with emotionally disturbed adolescents and/or other disabled population in a residential treatment facility; lead weekly topic group; plan and facilitate weekend activities; assist with supervision of residents; identify, assess and respond to crisis situations.
WHO WE ARE
Looking to make a difference? Our mission at Interim is to provide services and affordable housing to supporting members of our community with mental illness by building productive and satisfying lives in a world in which people with mental illness are able to live, work, learn and participate fully in the community. Join our team and instill hope in the community.
WHAT WE OFFER
An exceptional benefit package including; Medical, 403(b) retirement plan with match, paid vacation, and sick Leave.
HOW TO APPLY
To learn more about Interim and to apply for this position, please go to our website at http://www.interiminc.org/employment/.
$16.82 - $22.57/hour; Based on education and experience; Eligible for overtime; nonexempt; 20 hours/week
Assistant Program Director
High School Diploma required, BA in related field preferred. Two years’ experience in related field; BA in related field may be substituted for experience. Familiarity with Microsoft Office and excel.
Valid California driver's license; auto in safe operating condition; auto liability insurance; good driving record; criminal record clearance; proof of authorization to work in the United States as required by Immigration and Reform Act of 1986. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Assistant Program Director, the Counselor IB will assist with the following duties:
- Assess clients for current potential of suicide, violence and substance abuse. Enter data, as needed, into computer.
- Remain aware of general mood/tone of house and act in manner responsive to situation.
- Identify, assess and respond to crisis situations.
- Lead a weekly topic group; plan and facilitate group weekend activities.
- Assist with supervising resident outings and other recreational activities.
- Provide informal supportive counseling and guidance to individual residents.
- Assist in facilitating weekend chore meetings and house clean-up.
- Document in staff log and residents’ progress notes. Enter information into computer files and databases.
- Assist residents with self-administration of medications. Maintain updated knowledge of psychiatric medications and keep accurate medication records.
- Assist and supervise residents with cooking, housecleaning and yard maintenance. Perform housecleaning and clerical duties daily.
- Participate in monthly staff meetings, be willing and able to address issues that relate to coworker communication, collaborate/deliberate on resident review and agency business.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to: operate a motor vehicle; climb stairs; possess good communication skills; meet the requirements of the classification and have mobility, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties to be performed. Capable of the following extended activities: standing, sitting, bending and climbing stairs.
Capable of the following intermittent activities: lifting up to 25 pounds and bending in the performance of infrequently performed office duties.
This job description is intended to have an accurate reflection of the qualifications and job duties, current management reserves the right to revise the job at any given time when circumstances change. This job description replaces all previous description for this position.
Interim, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Interim Inc. is guided by the precept that in no aspect of its programs, services or employment practices shall discrimination be permitted because of race, color, national origin, gender, age, creed, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, citizen status, veteran status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law. To comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, reasonable accommodations are made for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability, unless hardship, direct threat to health or safety, or other job-related consideration exists. Individual who feel that they have been unlawfully discriminated against because of membership in one of the protected classes should contact the following: Director of Human Resources, Interim, Inc., PO Box 3222, Monterey, CA 93942. (831) 649-4522.