Housing Operations Manager (NEW SIGN-ON BONUS*)
The Housing Operations Manager will be responsible to assist the Housing Development and Property Director in ensuring all housing programs are accurately monitored. The incumbent will coordinate with the housing team to ensure time submission of HAP payments and HAP reconciliation. Additionally, supervise and evaluate all housing staff to ensure the day to day processes are completed. WHO WE ARE
Looking to make a difference? Our mission at Interim is to provide services and affordable housing to supporting members of our community with mental illness by building productive and satisfying lives in a world in which people with mental illness are able to live, work, learn and participate fully in the community. Join our team and instill hope in the community.
WHAT WE OFFER
An exceptional benefit package including; Medical/Dental/Vision/403(b) retirement plan and Life Insurance. Offers competitive vacation and sick time.
HOW TO APPLY
To learn more about Interim and to apply for this position, please go to our website at http://www.interiminc.org/employment/.
$27.89 - $36.32; Based on experience and education; Nonexempt; 40 hours/week; Eligible for Overtime. Eligible for Sign-On Bonus*
Housing Development and Property Director.
Required: Bachelor’s degree and 1-year experience in affordable housing management or minimum HS Diploma and 3 years in affordable housing management experience Proficient in Outlook email correspondence and computer software’s. Good math proficiency. Highly motivated and able to work independently. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Preferred: Bachelor’s with 2 years’ experience in affordable housing management experience. Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) or equivalent industry certification. Proficiency in Onesite or other affordable occupancy software preferred. Supervisorial experience.
Valid California driver's license; auto in safe operating condition; auto liability insurance; good driving record; criminal record clearance; proof of authorization to work in the United States as required by Immigration and Reform Act of 1986. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Housing Development and Property Director, the Housing Operations Manager will assist with the following duties:
1. Hire, supervise, evaluate, motivate and develop all housing staff.
2. Coordinates required updates for affordable housing programs (including but not limited to HUD 811/202).
3. Monitors project-specific information including all HUD directives and any changes to funder’s requirements, Fair Housing, Tenant Landlord Law, and current income limits and rent schedules and recommends changes to policy and procedure to ensure continued compliance.
4. Recommends and implements Application, Lease and House Rules changes to comply with changes in funder’s regulations, Landlord Tenant Law, Fair Housing regulations and Federal, State and local law.
5. Maintains Interim’s Compliance Plan as needed (management plans, policy manuals, tenant selection plans and Affirmative Marketing plans).
6. Review and approve move-ins, move-outs and Annual Recertifications for all applicable housing programs.
7. Ensure all applicable housing program forms are in file and properly completed
8. Perform necessary on-site file audits.
9. Ensures all weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports are completed on time.
10. Coordinates the preparation for MOR reviews and other housing related inspections.
11. Work with Housing team to ensure timely submission of HAP Payments for assigned portfolio, assist with HAP Reconciliation.
12. Review and assist with Special Claims for approval.
13. Assist with HUD annual rent increases, contract renewals, and utility analysis.
14. Ensure the accuracy of the waiting list of applicants for housing to determine applicant eligibility.
15. Conduct training for program staff and maintenance staff to ensure compliance with federal, state and local housing agencies.
16. Directs department in absence of Housing Development and Property Director.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Ability to: operate a motor vehicle; climb stairs; possess excellent written and oral English communication skills; meet the requirements of the classification and have mobility, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties to be performed. Capable of the following extended activities: standing, sitting, climbing stairs.
Capable of the following intermittent activities: lifting 25 pounds or more and bending in the performance of infrequently performed office duties.
This job description is intended to have an accurate reflection of the qualifications and job duties; current management reserves the right to revise the job at any given time when circumstances change. This job description replaces all previous description for this position.
Interim, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Interim Inc. is guided by the precept that in no aspect of its programs, services or employment practices shall discrimination be permitted because of race, color, national origin, gender, age, creed, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, citizen status, veteran status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law. To comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, reasonable accommodations are made for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability, unless hardship, direct threat to health or safety, or other job-related consideration exists. Individual who feel that they have been unlawfully discriminated against because of membership in one of the protected classes should contact the following: Director of Human Resources, Interim, Inc., PO Box 3222, Monterey, CA 93942. (831) 649-4522.