The Registered Nurse will be responsible for providing support to program staff regarding CCL health related services, medication management, records and documentation. The incumbent will assist in facilitating groups for health-related issues and coordinate and consult with psychiatrists and other physicians regarding client health.
WHO WE ARE
Looking to make a difference? Our mission at Interim is to provide services and affordable housing to supporting members of our community with mental illness by building productive and satisfying lives in a world in which people with mental illness are able to live, work, learn and participate fully in the community. Join our team and instill hope in the community.
WHAT WE OFFER
An exceptional benefit package including; Medical/Dental/Vision/Life and 403(b) retirement plan. Offers competitive vacation and sick time.
HOW TO APPLY
To learn more about Interim and to apply for this position, please go to our website at http://www.interiminc.org/employment/.
Competitive Compensation; Non-Exempt; Full- Time; 40 hours/week; Eligible for overtime.
Required: Current California Registered Nurse license; Experience in the Mental Health field. Knowledge of psychiatric disorders and psychotropic medications.
Preferred: BSN; Psychiatric nursing experience; Medi-Cal documentation experience; proficient in Outlook email correspondence and computer software’s. Ability to; work as a member of a team; accept supervision; maintain appropriate boundaries while working in close inter-personal relationships; learn and apply principles of social rehabilitation; organized, responsible, flexible, empathic and able to relate effectively with clients, other staff, professionals and members of the community. Knowledge of community resources.
Valid California driver's license; auto in safe operating condition; auto liability insurance; good driving record; criminal record clearance; proof of authorization to work in the United States as required by Immigration and Reform Act of 1986. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Registered Nurse will assist with the following duties:
- Provide on-call services as needed.
- Provide appropriate, recovery oriented, trauma informed, wellness centered services focused on nursing support for patients.
- Assist patients with self-administration of medication: knowledge of medication classification and side-effects and expected therapeutic responses. Provide recovery-oriented, wellness centered approach to consumer’s substance use.
- Coordinates medications prescribed by Psychiatrist. Assists Psychiatrist as needed to provide patient care.
- Assist clients in attaining community stability and reaching their health, recovery and rehabilitation goals, including helping clients to find and keep employment.
- Assist clients with their physical and mental health recovery process by developing the skills necessary to lead independent or interdependent, healthy and meaningful lives in the community.
- Provide psychiatric and other education and advocacy to patients, patients’ families and other support members as appropriate.
- Administer IM medications as needed and document.
- Conduct and utilize client need assessments for development and tracking of client centered treatment planning.
- Review medications and communicate with prescribing physicians to ensure medications are up to date and accurate.
- Review medication logs at programs monthly to ensure logs are up to date and accurate.
- Obtain and coordinate resources on nutrition training, substance use, diet planning, smoking cessation, and other health related issues as they arise. Counsel clients individually to set, track and achieve rehabilitation and recovery goals.
- Facilitate linkage with doctors and pharmacy as needed.
- Establish and maintain linkage with other medical providers and assist in finding the client a medical home.
- Maintain legible, accurate and timely documentation of treatment plans and other necessary information on clients, including documentation required for Medi-Cal standards.
- Maintain accurate and secure summary information based on documentation in computer files and databases and follow the HIPAA Privacy Rules guidelines for protecting client’s medical records.
- Identify, assess and respond to crisis situations. Set clear limits and ensure that both clients and facility are safe.
- Meet and record productivity and outcome standards of the program.
- Collaborate and coordinate services with multidisciplinary staff team members, i.e. Psychiatrist, Nurses, Family Partner, Peer and other staff to provide effective services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to: operate a motor vehicle; climb stairs; possess good communication skills; meet the requirements of the classification and have mobility, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties to be performed. Capable of the following extended activities: standing, sitting, stooping, climbing stairs. Capable of the following intermittent activities: lift up to 25 pounds or more and bending in the performance of infrequently performed office duties.
This job description is intended to have an accurate reflection of the qualifications and job duties; current management reserves the right to revise the job at any given time when circumstances change. This job description replaces all previous description for this position.
Interim, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Interim Inc. is guided by the precept that in no aspect of its programs, services or employment practices shall discrimination be permitted because of race, color, national origin, gender, age, creed, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, citizen status, veteran status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law. To comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, reasonable accommodations are made for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability, unless hardship, direct threat to health or safety, or other job-related consideration exists. Individual who feel that they have been unlawfully discriminated against because of membership in one of the protected classes should contact the following: Director of Human Resources, Interim, Inc., PO Box 3222, Monterey, CA 93942. (831) 649-4522.