Resident Manager- Sunflower Gardens
The ideal candidate will live on-site at Sunflower Gardens and report to the assigned Manager. Resident Manager duties include overseeing the general maintenance and safety of the premises and responding to over-night emergencies, including documentation of these conditions and events. They must maintain up-to-date communication with their supervisor, through email/cell phone/voicemail/face-to-face meetings. Their duties may include conducting periodic inspections of the property, providing transportation services in emergencies only, providing crisis intervention and documentation, minor maintenance and cleaning. They are not required to stay awake overnight and are not required to perform formal counseling duties.
WHO WE ARE
Looking to make a difference? Our mission at Interim is to provide services and affordable housing to supporting members of our community with mental illness by building productive and satisfying lives in a world in which people with mental illness are able to live, work, learn and participate fully in the community. Join our team and instill hope in the community.
WHAT WE OFFER
HOW TO APPLY
To learn more about Interim and to apply for this position, please go to our website at http://www.interiminc.org/employment/.
Competitive Compensation; Nonexempt; hours/week; On call hours 7 days/week.
Program Director and/or Assistant Program Director.
Required: High school diploma or GED; Good written and oral English communication skills, ability to work as a member of a team, to accept supervision, to maintain appropriate boundaries while working and living in close inter-personal relationships, ability to problem solve and work independently. Reliable. Good judgment in crisis situations.
Preferred: Previous property management experience and a bility to be responsible, flexible, empathic and able to relate effectively with clients, staff and other professionals in the community. Skills and knowledge related to working with psychiatrically disabled adults desirable.
Valid California driver's license; auto in safe operating condition; auto liability insurance; good driving record; criminal record clearance; proof of authorization to work in the United States as required by Immigration and Reform Act of 1986. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Program Director and/or Assistant Program Director, the Resident Manager - Sunflower Gardens will assist with the following duties:
1) Custodial Duties As Needed
If included on site, includes recreation rooms, laundry rooms, restrooms, and kitchens (in common areas, parking areas, and grounds).
2) Emergency Response
• Determine need for maintenance or management personnel to respond to after-hours emergencies.
• Alert necessary public safety personnel and supervisor for medical emergencies.
• Assist in evacuation of buildings in the event of a disaster.
3) Lock/Unlock Common Areas As Needed Including Recreation And Laundry Rooms
4) Monitor Security Of The Buildings Assigned
• Check regularly exterior and interior lights. Report or replace light bulbs as needed.
• Check interior walkways and exterior of buildings periodically to ensure security.
• Alert appropriate public safety personnel and supervisor as needed to handle any unusual disturbances.
• Check exit doors.
• Meet with and coordinate any security company or police inspections caused by alarms or cameras being tripped.
• Be capable of operating alarm control panel in RM residence; set & disarm.
5) May Be Required To Mediate Disputes Between Tenants In The Absence Of Assigned Program Staff.
• Refer ongoing problems to supervisor for resolution.
6) Monitor Parking Lots At Assigned Buildings
• Tag inappropriately parked vehicles and refer to supervisor for resolution.
7) Maintain A Daily Log Of Incidents And Their Resolutions
• Inform assigned supervisor daily of all incidents or problems which occur.
• Record and maintain a log of requests by clients for overnight visitors.
8) Light maintenance and landscaping duties as assigned
• Toilet stoppages, changing bulbs, other miscellaneous.
9) Regular Property Walks
• Periodically walk the property, making sure people are smoking only in designated smoking area, communicating with residents (letting them know staff is present), checking perimeter of the property.
10) Other duties as assigned
Ability to: operate a motor vehicle; climb stairs; possess good communication skills; meet the requirements of the classification and have mobility, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties to be performed. Capable of the following extended activities: standing, sitting, climbing stairs. Capable of the following intermittent activities: lifting 25 pounds or more and bending in the performance of infrequently performed office duties.