Housing Management Specialist II
The ideal candidate will be responsible for housing management for assigned Interim Housing Programs, with facilities in Salinas, Monterey, and Marina. In addition, assist with special procedures & record keeping for all HUD.
WHO WE ARE
Looking to make a difference? Our mission at Interim is to provide services and affordable housing to supporting members of our community with mental illness by building productive and satisfying lives in a world in which people with mental illness are able to live, work, learn and participate fully in the community. Join our team and instill hope in the community.
WHAT WE OFFER
An exceptional benefit package including; Medical/Dental/Vision/403(b) Retirement and Life Insurance; Competitive vacation and holiday pay.
HOW TO APPLY
To learn more about Interim and to apply for this position, please go to our website at http://www.interiminc.org/employment/.
Competitive Compensation; Nonexempt; 40 hours/week; Eligible for Overtime.
Housing Operations Manager
Required: Experience in affordable housing (supportive housing preferred) and knowledge of typical affordable housing funding sources such as HUD 811, as well as applicable State and Federal regulations including conventional landlord-tenant law. Excellent accounting, reporting, organizational and recordkeeping skills are essential. The HMS II must be detail-oriented, conscientious, have good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a team. Intermediate/advanced experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is required as well as a high school diploma or GED; BA in related field is preferred.
Valid California driver's license; auto in safe operating condition; auto liability insurance; good driving record; criminal record clearance; proof of authorization to work in the United States as required by Immigration and Reform Act of 1986. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Housing Operations Manager, the Housing Management Specialist II will assist with the following duties:
- Accepts applications.
- Assesses resident eligibility, verifying resident income and assets and working with program staff to obtain verification of applicant's disability.
- Prepares initial resident certifications.
- Establishes and maintains waiting lists. Keeps lists current and notifies applicants of acceptance or rejection for waiting list.
- Prepares leases and lease amendments.
- Establishes and maintains tenant files.
- Ensures and verifies assigned files meet compliance standards and appropriate regulations.
- Re-certifies tenants annually, or more frequently, as required.
- Prepares monthly subsidy voucher for submission to HUD and notifies tenants of rent changes.
- Reviews rent payments monthly, communicates with payees, sends collection letters and informs Program Directors of late tenant payments.
- Establishes and maintains project-specific information including all HUD directives and manuals regarding occupancy.
- Ensures HUD directives are implemented, including current income limits and rent schedules.
- Prepares annual and other reports for HUD and other funding sources related to occupancy.
- Coordinates all tenant move-in and move-out. Conducts Tenant orientations and unit inspections.
- Provides backup for other Housing Specialists when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Coordinates with Maintenance to complete work orders.
2. Ensures maintenance work orders submitted for inspections, move ins and move outs are completed. Keeps records of completed work.
3. Inspects units on a regular schedule (quarterly or as required) of housekeeping and maintenance. Keeps detailed records of inspections. Responsible for follow up with maintenance to ensure the necessary work is completed.
4. Inspects exterior building and grounds and works with maintenance to ensure the necessary work is completed.
5. Provides tenants and Program staff with legal notification of any service or contract work as per direction from Maintenance and Landscaping Management.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Ability to: operate a motor vehicle; climb stairs; possess good communication skills; meet the requirements of the classification and have mobility, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties to be performed. Capable of the following extended activities: standing, sitting, climbing stairs.
Capable of the following intermittent activities: lifting 25 pounds or more and bending in the performance of infrequently performed office duties.