Human Resources Generalist
The ideal incumbent will provide professional day to day administrative operations for various Human Resources Functions. The organized and detail-orientated candidate will be supporting the Human Resources department with recruitment, policies, job classification, compensation/analysis, benefits and workers compensation while maintaining the greatest regard for confidentiality. Additionally, will collaborate and support management teams to address employee matters.
WHO WE ARE
Looking to make a difference? Our mission at Interim is to provide services and affordable housing to supporting members of our community with mental illness by building productive and satisfying lives in a world in which people with mental illness are able to live, work, learn and participate fully in the community. Join our team and instill hope in the community.
WHAT WE OFFER
An exceptional benefit package including; Medical/Dental/Vision/403(b) retirement plan and Life Insurance. Offers competitive vacation and sick time.
$27.87 - $36.32; Nonexempt; 40 hours/week; Eligible for overtime.
Human Resources Director
Required: BA in a related field with three (3) years of Human Resources experience or Associates Degree with five (5) years’ experience providing administrative support within an HR position. Ability to be organized and detail orientated to process/streamline procedures associated with HR practices and procedures; establish and maintain good rapport with programs and employees; exercise good judgement and ability to independently problem solve and take initiative in making decisions. Must have strong project management skills to plan, coordinate and execute HR-related employee training. Excellent oral and written English and communication skills. Knowledge of computer software skills with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Preferred: Bilingual in Spanish; Experience in Human Resources Management Systems (HRMS). Knowledge of California Law and requirements. Comfortable with handling sensitive employee relations and staffing issues from start to finish. Experience with workers’ compensation and administering leave of absences. Knowledge of how to write, revise, and review company policy.
Valid California driver's license; auto in safe operating condition; auto liability insurance; good driving record; criminal record clearance; proof of authorization to work in the United States as required by Immigration and Reform Act of 1986. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Generalist will assist with the following duties:
- Assists in complex classification analysis for board reviews, compensation, policies, special incentive projects and other inquiries/surveys.
- Gathers salary comparison data and makes recommendations; conducts studies of internal job classifications for compensation purposes.
- Support with development and implementation of agency trainings such as but not limited to, ergonomic assessments, safety, compliance and HR policies and practices.
- Writes correspondence, report announcements, and advertisements on a wide variety of technical and professional materials.
- Prepares required periodic reports such as, Cal OSHA, EDD, EEOC, DSS, DMV and other governmental agencies in compliance with their requirements for information.
- Liaison for worker’s compensation, including required reporting for worksite injuries, monitoring industrial injury claims, and development of worksite safety training materials.
- Handles and process ACA/5500 compliance filings related to agency health plans
- Addresses and support employee relations or other employee matters in collaboration with the HR Director.
- Supports the HR Director in advising supervisors and employees of Agency personnel policies, regulations and HR practices and procedures.
- Provides supervision to HR staff in the absence of the HR Director.
- Appropriately administers and track FMLA/CFRA, PDL, Bereavement and all leaves provided by the Agency in conjunction with State and Federal laws/regulations.
- Executes compliance with DSS licensing requirements, labor laws, and other federal or state regulations governing employment records.
- Evaluate/update HR forms and templates to align with agency practices to minimize repetitive work.
- Provide periodic support on special projects for the HR Director.
- Assist HR staff with day to day operations, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to: operate a motor vehicle; climb stairs; possess good communication skills; meet the requirements of the classification and have mobility, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties to be performed. Capable of the following extended activities: standing, sitting, climbing stairs.
Capable of the following intermittent activities: lifting 25 pounds or more and bending in the performance of infrequently performed office duties.