Housing Management Specialist I
The ideal candidate will assist the Housing Operations Manager with ensuring all applicants applications are processed. Assist with general administrative duties such as filing, communications, emails, answering incoming calls. In addition, produce and conduct tenant lease signings, orientations and unit inspections.
WHO WE ARE
Looking to make a difference? Our mission at Interim is to provide services and affordable housing to supporting members of our community with mental illness by building productive and satisfying lives in a world in which people with mental illness are able to live, work, learn and participate fully in the community. Join our team and instill hope in the community.
WHAT WE OFFER
An exceptional benefit package including; Medical/Dental/Vision/403(b) Retirement and Life Insurance; Competitive vacation and holiday pay.
HOW TO APPLY
To learn more about Interim and to apply for this position, please go to our website at http://www.interiminc.org/employment/.
$20.68/hr-$26.93/hr; Nonexempt; 40 hours/week; Eligible for Overtime.
Housing Operations Manager.
B.A. or B.S. in related field preferred, high school diploma or GED required. Intermediate/advanced experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Outlook required. Prefer one year or more affordable housing management experience, and experience in dealing with special needs populations. Must be willing to learn housing management policies and procedures, as well as State and Federal Housing regulations. Must be detail oriented, conscientious, flexible, and have good interpersonal skills along with the ability to work cohesively with a team.
Valid California driver's license; auto in safe operating condition; auto liability insurance; good driving record; criminal record clearance; proof of authorization to work in the United States as required by Immigration and Reform Act of 1986. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Housing Operations Manager, the Housing Management Specialist I will assist with the following duties:
- General administration, filing, communications.
- Assists with acceptance of housing applications.
- Insurance of applicant eligibility by verifying applicant’s income, assets.
- Maintenance of project waiting list, notification to applicants of acceptance or rejection.
- Produces and conducts tenant lease signings, orientations and unit inspections.
- Re-certifies tenant income eligibility annually, or as required.
- Preparation of monthly rent reports for dissemination to Program Directors.
- Understand and helps ensure that the property meets compliance requirements of HUD and all applicable federal, state and local agencies including current income limits and rent schedules.
- Reviews files to ensure they meet compliance requirements
- Reviews delinquency reports, move-in and move-out forms, and other related tenant actions and paperwork as assigned.
- Ensures that all resident files are up to date and maintained, filed and secure.
- Assistance with preparation of annual and other project related reports for HUD and other funding sources related to occupancy.
- Conducts inspections and uses OneSite to submit service requests and make ready.
- Knows and complies with Interim standards and procedures, including accounting, office organization, staff selection, tenant request, handling of petty cash, compensation, employee benefits, etc. works closely with the Program Staff to assure staff operations meet Interim standards.
- Filing and administration for the Housing Operations Manager as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to: operate a motor vehicle; climb stairs; possess good communication skills; meet the requirements of the classification and have mobility, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties to be performed. Capable of the following extended activities: standing, sitting, climbing stairs.
Capable of the following intermittent activities: lifting 25 pounds or more and bending in the performance of infrequently performed office duties.