Community Support Worker I - All Programs
The ideal candidate will assist the program with orientation for new residents, perform administrative duties, and engage with clients. The incumbent will assist in writing meeting notes, and co facilitate various self-help or other groups.
WHO WE ARE
Looking to make a difference? Our mission at Interim is to provide services and affordable housing to supporting members of our community with mental illness by building productive and satisfying lives in a world in which people with mental illness are able to live, work, learn and participate fully in the community. Join our team and instill hope in the community.
WHAT WE OFFER
HOW TO APPLY
To learn more about Interim and to apply for this position, please go to our website at http://www.interiminc.org/employment/.
Competitive Compensation; Nonexempt; 10 hours/week; Eligible for Overtime.
Program Coordinator/Program Director/Program Manager/Assistant Program Director
Direct experience as a consumer of public or private mental health services; General work experience or volunteer work; ability to follow directions; Good English communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to keep basic records (timesheet, phone messages, vehicle log, attendance sheets, etc.
Preferred: High School Diploma or GED; Bi-lingual skills.
Valid California driver's license; auto in safe operating condition; auto liability insurance; good driving record; criminal record clearance; proof of authorization to work in the United States as required by Immigration and Reform Act of 1986. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Community Support Worker I will assist with the following duties:
- Engage clients in the program, orient new residents to the community and program.
- Use agency vehicle to transport clients to appointments, meetings and recreational activities as assigned Will also use agency vehicle to go to the store and purchase snacks for meetings.
- Perform basic office duties; e.g., answer program phone calls, record messages, check emails, make copies, enter surveys online, and maintain tracking sheet for all programs as assigned
- Clean and straighten program facilities, conference rooms, offices, , storage room. .
- Assist clients, individually or in groups. Write meeting notes and other notes as requested.
- Co-facilitate various self-help or other groups and assist with groups set up i.e. make coffee, purchase and set out food, make copies of presentations and handouts. Obtain additional materials needed for the facilitators
- Encourage and support recreational activities, employment.
- Attend staff meeting as assigned.
- Attend Interim and program training as assigned.
- Keep appropriate documentation as assigned.
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and promote the agency’s goals
- Maintain the strictest of confidentiality.
- Comply with the agency policies and standards
- Ability to work with diverse staff and clients and excel in a multi-cultural environment.
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times.
- Actively strive to upgrade professional skills through engaging in appropriate professional training and experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to: operate a motor vehicle; climb stairs; possess good communication skills; meet the requirements of the classification and have mobility, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties to be performed. Capable of the following extended activities: standing, sitting, climbing stairs.
Capable of the following intermittent activities: lifting 25 pounds or more and bending in the performance of infrequently performed office duties.