Administrative Assistant II/Counselor I- MCHOME
The ideal candidate will assist the Program Director with any administrative duties, including but not limited to, compile, file mail, and maintain administrative and statistical data. The ability to; track resident billing accounts, ensure timely payments from residents and communicate any late payments. In addition, will develop forms and flyers and marketing material for any communications posted on site and ensure compliance with licensing regulations.
WHO WE ARE
Looking to make a difference? Our mission at Interim is to provide services and affordable housing to supporting members of our community with mental illness by building productive and satisfying lives in a world in which people with mental illness are able to live, work, learn and participate fully in the community. Join our team and instill hope in the community.
WHAT WE OFFER
An exceptional benefit package including; Medical/Dental/Vision/403(b) retirement plan and Life Insurance. Competitive vacation and sick pay.
HOW TO APPLY
To learn more about Interim and to apply for this position, please go to our website at http://www.interiminc.org/employment/.
Competitive Compensation; Eligible for overtime; nonexempt; Full Time; 40 hours/week
High School Diploma/GED with one year’s experience in mental health field; intermediate level experience with Microsoft Word (or comparable word processing software), Excel and Outlook.
AA or BA preferred; bilingual; two years of office administration experience and experience with Access. BA in mental health related field may be substituted for the year of mental health experience.
Applicant should be detail-oriented, well organized, have good interpersonal
skills and the ability to work with a team. Valid California driver's license; auto in safe operating condition; auto liability insurance; good driving record; criminal record clearance; proof of authorization to work in the United States as required by Immigration and Reform Act of 1986. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Administrative Assistant II/Counselor I will assist with the following duties:
1. Gather data and send reports in compliance with MCHOME grant.
2. Assist program staff by doing data entry and maintaining all charts and client records in compliance with Medi-Cal documentation requirements; Avatar and HMIS client databases.
3. Provides client-centered counseling, promoting recovery and wellness principles.
4. Documents client services following Medi-Cal regulations.
5. Checks error reports and other billing reports in Avatar and HMIS.
6. Answers incoming phone calls, takes and directs messages.
7. Types and dispatches correspondence and reports as requested by program staff.
8. Maintains program office filing.
9. Maintains adequate supply of postage and other office supplies for the MCHOME and Aftercare Outreach Programs.
10. Assists in maintaining cleanliness of office area.
11. Has primary responsibility for maintaining office equipment (fax, copiers, etc.)
12. Assists in preparation of program materials, manuals, etc., including photocopying, compiling, stapling and other tasks.
13. Greet clients, vendors, and employees from partnering agencies when they come to the MCHOME office
14. Other duties as assigned.
Ability to: operate a motor vehicle; climb stairs; possess good communication skills; meet the requirements of the classification and have mobility, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties to be performed. Capable of the following extended activities: standing, sitting, climbing stairs.
Capable of the following intermittent activities: lifting 25 pounds or more; bending in the performance of infrequently performed office duties.